The Good Oil for Birds is an Omega-3 & 6 supplement for improved health of birds and their eggs.
■Supplies the Omega-3 & 6 Essential Fatty Acids that are deficient in most seed mixes.
■Enhance breeding performance by assisting with egg production, chick growth & immunity.
■Contains fat soluble Vitamins including A, D3 & E.
What are essential fatty acids (EFAs)?
EFAs are the omega 3 & 6 components of fat that cannot be synthesized by the body and must therefore be supplied in the diet. Eggs contain over 25% unsaturated fat composed of oleic, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Seed mixes alone do not provide the EFAs that breeding birds require so dietary supplementation are important for improved breeding success.
The Good Oil contains the following EFAs and fat-soluble vitamins:
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which are essential for egg-laying, chick growth and immunity.
- Vitamin A for cell development in the embryo.
- Vitamin D3 for absorption of calcium, bone growth and eggshell formation.
- Vitamin E which is an antioxidant and helps maintain cell membranes.
Dose: Mix 15mL of The Good Oil per kg of seed. Let mix stand for at least 4 hours at room temperature before feeding. This ensures that the oil soaks into the kernel of the seed.
Each mL contains
- 380mg Oleic Acid (omega 9)
- 350mg Linoleic Acid (omega 6)
- 130mg α-linolenic Acid (omega 3)
- 15mg Eicosapentaenoic Acid (omega 3)
- 6mg Docosahexaenoic Acid (omega 3)
- 15μg Vitamin A
- 1μg Vitamin D3
- 2mg Vitamin E
Price per 1lt bottle